Sweet Revenge is a story, set in the eastern megapolis of Kolkata. It is not a revenge story but a story of the female protagonist, Durga, seeking justice for a crime committed in the past. Her methods of claiming justice are unconventional as she steps out of the shackles of traditionalism and utilises her Mind to conquer Might! The show tracks the journey of Durga as she attempts to stand up to the power and might of the influential Goenka family. Will Durga be successful in her mission or will she too fall aside like every other person who has stood in the way of the Goenkas? Who will reign supreme in this challenging battle of wits and intellect, where everything seems to be a fair game!
Read: January and February Teasers
Sweet Revenge (Indain: Ek Hasina Thi ) is a Crime thriller television series created by Cinevistaas Limited for the channel Star Plus from 14 April 2014 to 20 December 2014. Produced by Prem Krishen, Ek Hasina Thi is loosely based on the American series Revenge. The series has Sanjeeda Sheikh and Vatsal Sheth as leads, and, Simone Singh and Ayub Khan in supportive roles. The show is set in Kolkata, but is filmed in Mumbai.The series was earlier titled Daag.The show was acclaimed by critics and viewer and it was one of the most successful show of Star Plus at that time.Simone Singh‘s performance has been lauded.
Cast and characters
- Sanjeeda Sheikh portrays Durga Thakur / Nitya Mitra, Payal’s elder sister. The real Durga is in fact dead, Nitya Mitra had a facial plastic surgery under the supervision of Dr. Thakur (father of the real Durga Thakur and Nitya’s adoptive father). She wants revenge from the Goenka family for ruining her and her sister’s life.
- Vatsal Sheth portrays Shaurya Goenka, the main male lead, a rich, womanizing heir of Goenka family. Being under the influence of his family, he can get anything he want and is not used to hear the word “no”. He is the rapist of Payal and ex-fiance of Durga.
- Simone Singh portrays Sakshi Goenka, the main female antagonist who is beautiful, powerful and has a dynamic personality.Wife of Rajnath. She enjoys being the center of attention in Kolkata. She can go to any length to protect her two children—Shaurya and Kangana—her only weakness.
- Ayub Khan portrays Rajnath Goenka, the second male antagonist who is extremely ambitious and ruthless man who is amongst the elite in Kolkata business and social circles. Husband of Sakshi. To maintain his social status, he can go to any length.
- Bhuvnesh Mann portrays Dev Goenka, the cousin of Shaurya, best friend of Nitya. He comes back from US to find out what happened 2 years back.
- Aditi Sajwan portrays Nitya Mitra, the best friend and lover of Dev, Payal’s Elder Sister. (Before facial plastic surgery)
- Kishwar Merchant portrays Raima Maheshwari, the best friend of Sakshi who has an extramarital relationship with her husband, Rajnath.
- Jyoti Gauba portrays Suchitra Goenka, the mother of Dev who is a kind-hearted woman and believes in social work.
- Poonam Preet portrays Kangana Rajnath Goenka, the only daughter of Goenka family. The character is inspired from the Indian actress Kangana Ranaut‘s role in the 2014 comedy-drama Queen.
- Mihir Mishra portrays Akram Rehmat Khan / Akash Roy, the step-son of Sakshi whose father was killed by her. Akram Rehmat Khan returns as Akash Roy to seek revenge on Sakshi and is accompanied by Durga in his revenge.
- Teena Chopra portrays Payal Mitra, Nitya’s younger Sister who was raped by Shaurya and his friends.
- Vicky Arora portrays Karan Basu
- Vikram Singh Chauhan portrays Rishi
- Aliraza Namdar portrays Girish Basu
- Bhupinder Singh portrays Dr. Dayal Thakur
- Amit Behl portrays Navin Mathur, the loyal man of Goenka family who is accused of betrayal and is jailed.
- Aamir Ali portrays Dr. Neil Bhattacharya. Ali made a special appearance; he portrayed Neil who has a false engagement with Durga.
- Vin Rana portrays Karan Seth
- Shalmalee Desai portrays Sagarika Ganguly, a girl whose mother is the victim of spousal abuse.
The story line of the show has been revolving around Shaurya and Durga’s wedding, where the preparations have already begun. A captivating twist in the tale is coming up which will be a surprise to the viewers.
Our source says, “Shaurya will deny at the last moment to marry Durag and will want her to live life happily after marriage. He will ask her to marry Dev (Bhuvnesh Maan) instead of sacrificing her love. On the other hand Dev will be reluctant to marry Durga as he loves Nitya being unaware about the fact that Nitya is only Durga.”
“After the much needed drama Durga will agree to marry Dev but he being reluctant will not agree to do so. Rajnath (Ayub Khan) will convince Dev to marry Durag promising to let him know about Nitya’s whereabouts,” adds our source.
“Saakshi (Simone Singh) will also agree to this wedding as at least she will be able to keep an eye on Durga’s moments,” ends our source.
How will the story unfold after Dev and Durga’s marriage?
To know more keep reading this space.